computer calamity!

Sunday, March 30, 2008 at 12:51 PM

I'm sure it's a scenario many of you are familar with - over the weekend my computer went kaput. It's up and running again now, but I've completely lost everything on my hard drive from the past two years - photos, audio files, even all my emails - everything from the past two years completely gone. I should have had back-ups, but I'm so careful about nothing going astray that I'm sent by you, that I've always kept everything secure on my computer. Sadly, it's now all lost.

In some ways it's nice to have a fresh start, but I've been sent a lot of lovely presents by many of you over the past two years, all of which are now completely lost. So here's a little heartfelt appeal to all of you - if you've sent me anything in the past couple of years, such as lovely photographs, delightful audio files (including entries to the audio contests), filthy questionnaires, or really anything like that which you've sent to me to enjoy, if you still have copies at your end I'd be very, very grateful if you could please send them to me again.

I've also lost all but the past week's worth of emails, as I also store those on my computer for safekeeping and delete them from the internet email account. So the same applies here - if you have copies of especially delightful emails we've exchanged any time over the past two years, I'd be very grateful if you could please forward them to me, as I do like to re-read them from time to time. I also have no idea to whom I owe a reply, and all my email contacts are lost, so if you're awaiting a response from me, please send your emails again, as I no longer have your email addresses, so I can't check in with you.

I appreciate some of you might be relieved that I haven't got a copy of that filthy email you sent to me any more lol - but for those of you who enjoyed our correspondences, or liked sending disgraceful photographs, or thoroughly enjoyed recording naughty audio files for me - if you still have any of these things, I'd be extraordinarily grateful if you could send them to me again, as I'm very much missing them!

And thankyou in advance - if (as I hope) this will result in me suddenly being deluged with old emails and naughty things we've exchanged, it may mean it'll take me a little time to reply, but I will reply, and know that I'm especially grateful to you x

roger xx

**update** A huge snuggly thankyou to those of you who have already begun to send me things - I'll reply to all of you as I can, but please bear with me - I really do have the loveliest readers! I'm hoping at the very least to be able to get my email contacts back, so if you have sent me an email over the past couple of years (and particularly if we've talked regularly), even if you haven't kept our conversations, drop me a line anyway, it'd be lovely to catch up with you, and currently I can't write to you as I don't have your address. Some of you have done this already, but the more the merrier! Now if I can just get those audio contest entries back ;) If they've all gone for good, guess I'll just have to hold a new one ;)

7 Comments:

How horrible. This happened to me this summer, and I also didn't have most of my stuff backed up. My sympathies - I know how you feel.

rori - ty x Just one of those things really - it's always a risk not backing up, but I get sent so many things that require complete discretion on my part, making backup disks always seems risky. I may now rethink that and just find somewhere safe to keep the backup lol.

That's a complete bummer! I've had that happen several times myself, my heart goes out to you. Did you try any data recovery software, or was the drive just kaput?

heya....I have to say I enjoy the huge snuggly thank you ....
warm fuzzies.

sorry I have been lurking for a while....life got busy

Just kaput I'm afraid - I do think there's a certain inevitability to computers crashing, it's just that most sensible people are a little better organised (and backed up) than me lol

strumpet - I have a tendencey to lurk myself, I've never really been an active commenter on other blogs - such a selfish boy really lol ;)

Hello niice blog

Post a Comment

<< Home