London 3:1 - Sophie takes three lovers

Monday, February 19, 2007 at 11:02 PM

And so we begin the third chapter of the 'London' story - as ever, there's a little warm up before we get to the main event, but try to be patient - I should be getting to some sex in the next part, later this week ;)
If this preamble leaves you a little edgy, go re-read the previous encounter with Henri and Katherine here, you might just enjoy it ;)

-----

London 3 - Sophie takes three lovers
Following our pleasant dalliances together that afternoon in bed (not to mention Sophie's own adventure with the shop girl earlier that day), I had assumed that the evening would be spent quietly. It appeared, however, that Sophie's hunger had been aroused by her experiences that morning, and when she was in that kind of mood, it was always best to simply allow myself to be led by her. Consequently, it was only with a small amount of surprise that I discovered she had arranged another meeting with Henri and Kathryn that evening, at the Hotel Russell, close to our Russell Square apartments.

I'm aware that it may appear at times that Sophie (and, by association, your narrator) thought of nothing but sex, that we moved from one casual sexual liaison to another with little thought for anything else. It's difficult to offer an explanation for such behaviour unless you were living through the times. The adventures I've related so far took place only seventeen years after the Great War, and only four years before the Second World War, and though my memories from these times may well be influenced by a subsequent realisation that we were simply between the wars, there was... an indefinable something in the air in those days. Hitler had become the Fuhrer, and was building up his troops in direct defiance of the Versailles Treaty. Rumours were already circulating of increasing suppression in Germany, against Jews, homosexuals, intellectuals, and indeed anyone who disagreed with the sweeping reforms.

In the cafes of Paris, amongst our friends - the artists, the writers, the philosophers - many of whom were Jews, or homosexuals, or intellectuals - the remorseless rise of the Nazis was a regular topic of conversation. Some of our friends disappeared. Others told us horror stories in hushed tones. Many of us had also lost family and friends in the Great War. There was a sense that soon, something big was going to happen, and that it wasn't going to be good.

And so in Paris, we played whilst we could. We became hedonists, as we faced the end of the world. Little wonder, then, that Sophie treated our vacation in London as an excuse to taste new pleasures, to experience as much as she could. And I, of course, was more than happy to encourage her.

Our previous liaison with Henri and Kathryn had been purely voyeuristic, each couple watching the other, with no actual contact between us. Henri had proposed exchanging partners, and Sophie had used this suggested breaking of her established rules for the evening as an excuse to bring the night to a close. I knew, however, that this was simply her way. Rules were everything to Sophie, and setting such boundaries were part of the foreplay for her: working within these rules aroused her intensely. I knew from experience that the rules could be broken, but only by Sophie herself. They were her rules, and only she could decide to change them. Henri had been clearly briefed on those rules, and was presumptious to assume he could change her mind, to take advantage of her arousal to turn events his way. That was never going to be allowed, and he would need to understand this in subsequent encounters, or once again the night would end prematurely.

I was soon to learn, however, that on this occassion he was to be allowed precisely what he had desired. It was going to be an interesting and delightfully intense evening ahead...

Sophie and I had dinner in our apartments, and then dressed, Sophie choosing a delightful long silk evening dress which clung gorgeously to every possible curve, plunging almost indecently between her breasts. Underneath, she wore nothing. It was a clear statement of intent, and just seeing her in it aroused me. Following her lead, I decided to do without briefs underneath my trousers for the evening, guessing that easy access might well be a requirement. Sophie, naturally, approved my decision.

Henri and Kathryn were waiting for us in the bar as we arrived, as I'd guessed they would be. They were, of course, very new to the idea of sex with other partners, and were, quite naturally after the previous evening, very keen to explore their own limits further. Sophie and I had more experience in such matters, and arriving a little late gave us the upper hand. This alone, I knew, would stir Sophie's arousal.

Henri and Kathryn had chosen an intimate booth in a quiet corner of the bar - still in clear view of other parts of the room should anyone wish to make a point of observing us, but sufficiently tucked away in a corner to offer us a little privacy to discuss whatever we might. The couple had placed themselves in the middle of the curved leather seat which half-enclosed the table. As we stepped over to join them, Sophie smiling at them both, moving like a cat approaching her prey, Henri began to get up to make room for the two of us to sit together. Sophie merely smiled, motioned for him to take his seat again, and we took our places either side of them - Sophie sitting next to Henri, as I made myself comfortable next to Kathryn. As we took our seats, I smiled at Kathryn warmly, and she blushed delightfully. Sophie smiled secretly across to me for a moment, moving herself almost indecently close to Henri, and we ordered our drinks.

to be continued...

14 Comments:

how eloquently written (: looking forward for more...

monsieur roger, I've missed u. . .thanks for lastnight (;

I hope I don't have to wait too long for the next part...that was a great build-up!

Oh my word...baby I can't wait for the rest!

more to come this week, lina - and I'll be enjoying your disgraceful post about me later tonight, naughty girl ;)

miss understood - I promise I won't keep you waiting too long - I'm itching to get to it myself ;)

p of lust - glad you like the set-up - I think this one might be fun ;) x

May I bitch again? :)
This "excuse my sexlife but it's war" part is a little inept.

Laure

Maybe I just wrote it ineptly ;)
Though that theme is right at the heart of the Paris stories, and it's been alluded to before. Paris really was like that, it really was (in 1935) a place that attracted an eclectic range of artists and writers and musicians, much as New York is today. They most certainly would have been discussing the disturbing rise to power of the Nazis, which at the time this was set was gaining a real momentum. The artist (the narrator) does admit that it may be a little bit of hindsight creeping in, but my feeling has always been that oncoming war creates a more hedonistic environment, that notion of fin de siecle, and the attendant decadence this can bring. If I can briefly quote Wikipedia: "In a broader sense the expression fin de siècle is used to characterise anything that has an ominous mixture of opulence and/or decadence, combined with a shared prospect of unavoidable radical change or some approaching "end." Or put more simply - the notion that it's best to have fun now, as Something Dark is Coming.
This obviously isn't an original notion, but it's very much at the heart of all these stories - lurking in the background, but there all the same.
I should also mention that it's not especially important from the point of view of the plot, it just adds a little flavour of the times.

I don't contradict the theme. It just sounds pathetic how and where you put it. Just my two centime.

Biscuit?

Laure

Hey, Roger. I'm with Miss, hope we don't have to wait long! Hugs!

Oh Roger you're killing me! I've been waiting oh-so patiently for the next chapter in the on going sophie stories and was so excited to see a new post. Please don't keep me waiting for too much longer...

American Beauty

Laure - I think it's just a little clumsily written - I'll tighten it up a little when I post the complete chapter. I do want the information there (just to re-establish the setting), but I think maybe that paragraph could use a rewrite. And a biscuit would be lovely please x

green eyes - I was hoping to write the next part tonight, but it'll now be the weekend - I promise it'll be fun though ;)

American Beauty = ahh, everyone grumbles when the first part of the chapter goes up ;) Trust me, it's going to get very hot very quickly now ;)

Such a tease! Am eagerly awaiting part 2, as always :)

And I emailed you my answers to the questionnaire if you want it, enjoyed filling it out very much ;)

S xx

hope you enjoyed part two, samara - part 3 to come this weekend - and you'll be getting my reply to your delightful questionnaire shortly ;) xx

Roger I loved this installment...keep it up dear man! ;-)

It's always up when I write ;) x

Post a Comment

<< Home